Last Revised: 08/24/2022
1. Personal Information We Collect
We collect personal information from you so that we can provide you with the services to which you subscribe. We will only collect the minimum amount of information necessary for us to fulfill our obligation to you.
1.1. Data provided directly by you
Contact information. When you register for our email list, you will be asked to provide your first name, last name, and email address. You may also choose to add more details, such as the name of a school, your role in education, the grade/s that you teach, or how many students you teach.
Payment information. When you purchase a subscription, you are required to provide payment information, such as your credit card, name, and address so that we can process payment for our services to you.
Transaction information. When you purchase a subscription, Crelata will collect information, including your name, nickname, email address, the subscription purchased and the date and time of your transaction. You have the option to provide other details such as, but not limited to, your role in education, the name of your school, and the grade/s of the children you work with. We will use this transaction information to fulfill your order, personalize your experience, perform analytics/identify usage trends, and inform our advertising and marketing.
1.2 Personal information generated and/or automatically collected during your use of the website.
Usability Data. We may collect usability data (including information identifying the source of that data). Crelata intends to use the data to enhance future releases of the Services and help streamline customer experience and success (“Usability Data”). Usability Data includes information such as dashboard items clicked in the Services, total views, amount of time spent watching individual videos, top videos for each use, and paths taken throughout the Services. Any use of the Usability Data collected in accordance with this Section 1.2 will be aggregated, pseudo-anonymized, and/or anonymized in accordance with applicable Data Protection Laws such that you will not be identifiable from such Usability Data. Teachers who are using the services understand that their school or district administrators may ask for and receive aggregate information that will include staff usage.
IP address. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the website by identifying which areas of the website are most often used, and to display content according to your preferences. Your IP address is the number assigned to computers connected to the internet. This cannot personally identify you and is helpful to use for the purposes of marketing and improving our website. This type of data collection does not follow a user’s activities on any other websites in any way and may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate basis.
Analytics information. We may collect analytics data or use third-party analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage trends and the demographics of our users in order to improve our website and services. You can learn more about Google’s practices at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
Please note that the information that you are providing to us (“Personal Data”) is voluntary and by providing this information to Crelata you are giving us consent for use to use, collect, and process this Personal Data. You may opt out or request for Crelata to delete your Personal Data at any point by emailing email@example.com.
2. How We Use Your Personal Data
In addition to the uses described above, we may collect and use Personal Data to:
2.1 Provide, maintain, improve, and develop the website and services.
2.2 Communicate with you to provide support and other important messages.
2.3 Comply with legal and regulatory requirements and proceedings.
3. Our Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information
Crelata will not share your personal information with third parties, with the exception of third parties mentioned in Section 5.
4. Control Over Your Personal Information
You can stop receiving promotional email communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. You may not opt out of service-related communications (e.g., transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the services, technical and security notices). Please see our Terms of Service for more information on communications from or on behalf of Crelata.
5. How We Store and Protect Your Information
- We retain your Personal Data for the minimum amount of time necessary to provide you with the subscription and accompanying services that you requested from us. We may retain certain Personal Data for longer periods of time if necessary for legal, contractual, and accounting purposes.
- Keeping your information safe. We care about the security of your information and Personal Data that you provide to us is stored internally or through a data management system. Your Personal Data will only be accessed by those who help to obtain, manage, or store that information, or who have a legitimate need to know such Personal Data, such as our internet service provider and payment processers. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems. Please recognize that protecting your personal information is also your responsibility. Accordingly, we strongly recommend that you change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, make sure you use a secure browser, and otherwise take precautions when communicating your personal information on the internet. If you know or have reason to believe that any of your Personal Data has been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Personal Data, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.
6. Third-Party Websites
We provide links to third party sites. Since we do not control these websites, we encourage you to review the privacy statements posted on these (and all) third party sites. Crelata is not responsible for the privacy statements or practices of sites and services controlled by other companies or organizations.
7. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Therefore, the website is not intended for use by anyone under the age of 13 years, and we do not knowingly collect information from anyone under 13 years of age without the consent of a parent or guardian.
8. Region Specific Disclosures
We may choose or be required by law to provide different or additional disclosures relating to the processing of personal information about residents of certain countries, regions or states. Please refer below for disclosures that may be applicable to you:
California. If you are a resident of the State of California in the United States, please visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa for additional California-specific privacy disclosures pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Shine the Light Law. Crelata does not disclose personal information to third parties for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes.
Right to Know and Delete. Consumers who are California residents have the right to know certain information about our data practices in the preceding 12 months. In particular, they have the right to request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about them;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about them that we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold; and
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information.
In addition, in certain circumstances, California consumers have the right to delete the personal information we have collected from them.
To exercise any of these rights, California consumers should submit a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject labeled “California Privacy Rights Request”. In the request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know or delete.
Authorized Agent. You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information. Crelata does not sell personal information as the term “sell” is defined under the CCPA.
Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any of your rights.
Nevada. If you are a resident of the State of Nevada, Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes permits a Nevada resident to opt-out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect. To submit such a request, please contact us at email@example.com with the subject line “Nevada opt-out.” Furthermore, Crelata does not sell personal information as the term “sell” is defined under Nevada law NRS 603A.340.
9. General Data Protection Regulation
- To perform our contractual obligations to you, including fulfilling requests you have made, contacting you in relation to any issues with your use of the services, or where we need to provide your Personal Data to our service providers who help us operate the services.
- To comply with laws, regulators, court orders, or other legal obligations.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our services, including without limitation, receiving, processing, and responding to feedback.
- To provide to our third-party service providers to allow them to provide features on our behalf as described below.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To personalize your experience with the services and to deliver content and service offerings relevant to your interests and/or geographic location, including targeted offers and ads through our Services, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, in accordance with applicable law).
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our services and products through focus groups and surveys.
- To communicate information to you (such as, new features, products, or services), and to send you relevant emails and communications that may be of interest to you and that you have opted in to receive.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services, databases, and other technology assets, and business, including without limitation, to investigate suspected violations of our Terms of Service, suspected fraud, or other unlawful activity.
- To enforce our agreements, terms, conditions, and policies, and to notify you of any updates to the same.
- As may be required by law or by a court order, in which case we shall attempt to notify you and work with you to seek to limit the scope of the required disclosure.
- With your consent and as permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
- Right of access. You may obtain confirmation about whether Personal Data concerning you is processed, and request access to the Personal Data, including the purposes of the processing, the categories of Personal Data concerned, a copy of the Personal Data, and the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the Personal Data have been or will be disclosed. However, this is not an absolute right and the interests of other individuals may restrict your right of access.
- Right to rectification. You may have inaccurate Personal Data concerning you corrected. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete Personal Data completed, including by providing a supplementary statement.
- Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”). Under certain circumstances, you may have Personal Data concerning you erased.
- Right to restriction of processing. Under certain circumstances, you may restrict us from processing your Personal Data. In this case, the respective data may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
- Right to data portability. Under certain circumstances, you may receive the Personal Data concerning you in a structured, commonly-used, machine-readable format, and you may have the right to transmit that data to another entity without hindrance from us.
- Right to object. Under certain circumstances, you may object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, or at any time where Personal Data is processed for direct marketing purposes to the processing of your Personal Data by us, and we can be required to no longer process your Personal Data. If Personal Data concerning you is processed for direct marketing purposes, you also have the right to object at any time to the processing of that Personal Data for that marketing, including profiling to the extent that it is related to the direct marketing. In this case we will no longer process your Personal Data for such purposes.